Some of the Highlights of Union Budget 2019-20, presented by Finance Minister in Parliament.
- Self Help Group programme to be expanded to all district, to encourage women enterprise.
- Every verified member of SHG group having a Jan Dhan Bank Account, to be allowed an overdraft of 5,000.
- One Woman in every SHG to be made eligible for a loan up to 1 lakh under the MUDRA Scheme.
- Under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak yojana III, 1,25,000 km of road length will be upgraded over the next five year.
- Under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Gramin II,95 Crore houses to be provided to eligible beneficiaries during 2019-20 to 2021-22.
- Higher investment in suburban railways through Special purpose Vehicle.
- Launch of massive programe for modernization of railway stations.
“Gaon, Gareeb Aur Kisan”
- Under, Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana, to establish a robust fisheries management to address critical gap in value chain.
- Creation of Infrastructure for milk procurement, processing and marketing under Dairying through Co-operatives.
- Creation of 10,000 new Farmer Organization to ensure economies of scale for farmers over next 5 years.
- “Zero Budget Farming” to be replicated across the country for doubling farmers income.
- Public Sectors Banks are to be provided Rs 70,000 crore capital to boost credit.
- To initiate steps to empower account holder to have controls over deposits of cash by other in their accounts.
- Ensuring Water security and access to safe and adequate drinking water to all Indians.
- The new Jal Shakti Ministry will look at the management of water resources and water supply.
- Jal Jeevan Mission to ensure Har Ghar Jal to all rural household by 2024.
- Above mentioned mission will focus on local infrastructure for rainwater harvesting, groundwater recharge and management of household wastewater for reuse in agriculture.
Middle Class Family:
- Addition deduction of Rs 1.5 lakh for interest paid on loans for purchase of house of value up to Rs 45 lakh.
- Pan and Aadhar will became interchangeable.
- Addition deduction of Rs. 1.5 lakh on interest paid on loans taken to purchase electric vehicles.