A penetration test, colloquially known as a pen test, pen-test or ethical hacking, is an authorized simulated cyber-attack on a computer system, performed to evaluate the security of the system.The test is performed to identify both weaknesses (also referred to as vulnerabilities), including the potential for unauthorized parties to gain access to the system’s features and data,as well as strengths,enabling a full risk assessment to be completed.
Here we will follow some steps to penetrate into the system using the IP Address of the target. This is the simplest way to penetrate and a person can use this steps to learn penetration, but use in real scenario on our own risk.
- Download and install the PSTools Software from the official website.
- Create a payload, name it pen_test_payload with extension .bat.
- Right click the File and click on edit option. Now the file open in notepad platform, write the given below code in the file and save it.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server" /v fDenyTSConnections /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="remote desktop" new enable=Yes
- Go to window, and write Remote Desktop Connection and insert the target IP address there, you will be prompted with this.
- Setup PSTools.
- Unzip the PSTools file.
- In the extracted file, holding Shift button click right button and choose Open command window here.
- At the prompt, write the following :
psexec \\ <target IP address > -u username -p password -s -d -c "Location of payload".
- Press enter and select agree to licence to agreement.
- Now, Go to Task bar and open Remote Desktop Connection option.
- You will be prompted with, Enter your credential, make sure it
- Select More choices and fill the required details and click OK.