The Home Minister of India, Amit Shah in Parliament, stated that Article 370 will be abrogated following the notification issued by President and also moved the Jammu and Kashmir Re-organisation Bill 2019.
Jammu and Kashmir is the only state in India which enjoys certain privilege like Article 370 of Indian Constitution. Some important privilege are that, J&K was the only state with separate constitution with most famous article 35A. With the abrogation of Article 370, Article 35A is also abrogated and hence anyone from India now could buy and stay permanently in J&K.
- Anyone from country, can now have property in J&K, Earlier it was not allowed under 35 A.
- The Constitution of Kashmir will be no more legal and hence Indian Constitution will be follow there.
- The decision of their own Flag, Parliament will decide whether they will have their own flag or has to host Indian National flag.
- The State will be divided into two UTs, Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh.
- Now, Central would not be answerable to state legislature to enact any law.