In our day to day life, we give our PC or laptop to our friends either to play games or to do important works. We believe them so much that we forget about the security of our system. So, here are some commands, we can use to collect data.
How it is useful?
Data collection is the process of gathering and measuring information on variables of interest, in an established systematic fashion that enables one to answer stated research questions, test hypotheses, and evaluate outcomes.
- It will help to check the activities that had been done.
- It will help to collect the data : what all files are modified, what all new files are made etc.
- Can check the network connected.
- If you are investigating your computer, will get help to collect evidences of volatile storage
- To check the DNS cache
- To check the Active ports
- netstat -a
- netstat -t
- To check the Process running
- ps(for Power shell and Linux)
- tasklist(for windows)
- To check the network connected
- route print -4 (for ipv4)
- route print -6 (for ipv6)
- To check the logs of the system
- Open the search option and search, “Event Viewer