The Finance Minister of India, Nirmala Sitharaman, had presented the Union Budget of India for the FY 2019-20. In this Budget, there are various decision taken, to make the India a 5 trillion $ economy. Prime Minister Narendra Modi goal to make India a 5 trillion $ economy is supported by this budget and known as “BudgetForNewIndia”.
Here are the few highlights for the youth of India.
- New Education Policy to transform India’s Higher Education System to one of the best global education systems.
- Creation of National Research Foundation to fund, co-ordinate and promote research.
- “Study in India’ program to help India attract foreign students to make India a global Higher Education hub.
- Setting up “Higher Education Commission of India” to promote greater autonomy and focus on academic outcomes.
- National Sports Education Board, for providing good Sports facility to sportsperson under “Khelo India” Scheme.